This class is for training for people who already have swiftwater rescue certification to keep there skills honed.
- Safety & Rescue Overview concentrating on accident avoidance and rescue/recovery response
- Personal Gear Inspection
- Group Gear
- Land-based Throwing Skills and belay techniques
- Shallow water entries and Hydrology
- Swimming in Rapids and Moving target throwing skills
- Wading in rapids skills along with Entrapment precautions
- Rescue Vest Exercises
- Optional Boat-Based Rescues including Hand of God Technique
- Boat unpinning, Zip Line or Mechanical Advantage exercise – Class Choice
- Stabilization and Cinching Techniques
- Class Debrief
Classroom Hours: 8
Campaign Pay It Forward believes strongly that emergency preparedness and intervention is critical to saving lives. We want to make sure that everyone who wants to be trained in these skills has the opportunity to learn, whether they are required for work or simply want to be ready to help.
We set aside 10% of our profits on every course to fund a need-based scholarship that allows us to offer a free course to one participant in every course. To apply for our scholarship, go here.