Wilderness Survival Course
Immersing individuals into how to live off the land. Only 12 people will be selected. The training is rigorous because it’s all hands on. In the Wilderness Survival course, we teach outdoors so individuals can learn from instructors in a live environment. Instructors are experts in their field and all the instructors have prior military or active duty.
We expect individuals to sleep outside in the shelters they make, kill animals that are caught in the traps they set, and capture an instructor with camouflage techniques. Individuals will only get four hours of sleep each day to drain their energy so they can understand how their body works.
Rest time is when you die… you can sleep all the time you want. Individuals will not be allowed to bring items to assist them in this class as mother nature provides everything.
Dates: October 30, 2020 Time: 1900 to November 1, 2020 Time: 1700
Classroom Hours: 52
Location: Great Falls, VA Fraser Camp
Prerequisite for the training
MASROC Short Card video (must meet a certain time that we do not give out)
You must write a paragraph on why we should select you.
We go over…
- Trapping animals (individuals will use the traps to capture animals)
- Camouflage techniques (more than just face painting, requires movement as well)
- Rope techniques and how to make rope out of twine
- Shelter building (individuals are expected to sleep in the shelter they make)
- Forging for food using plants in different culture, terrain, seasons. (individuals are expected to eat the food or they will just go hungry)
- Tracking technique for animals, but also friendly and enemy
- Mental toughness
- Weapons made from natural items like trees, rocks, etc. Nature gives us everything
- Capturing, skinning and eating animals (individuals are expected to do all three things including killing the animal)
- Medicinal plants (instructors will demonstrate on themselves how it works)
- Fire building using natural materials